Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Library Ass gets a gig

No, that's not a gigabyte, it's an actual (non-paying) gig. A couple of weeks ago I got an email from Sourcebooks, Inc., an independent publisher located in Naperville, Illinois, who wanted to know if I'd be interested in reviewing some of their more recent imprints with no strings attached. Flattered as all get-out, I of course accepted, and yesterday I came home to find a DHL package on my doorstep that was chock full of books. So expect a couple of readers' advisory-style posts over the upcoming weeks!

Apropos of my imminent mancation to Florida to take in some Spring Training baseball with my brother and his friends, the first book I'll be featuring is The Entitled, a work of baseball fiction by six-time National Sportswriter of the Year and NPR commentator Frank Deford. At least now I'll have something interesting to read on the plane!