Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Satisfaction

I've been having a nice little streak of what I like to call "job satisfaction days", when I actually feel like I'm in the right place and doing the right thing, instead of compulsively checking the RSS feeds for library jobs and wondering whether I should go back to graduate school for my doctorate. Perhaps it has more to do with the fact that I've never been happier with my writing efforts, just finishing up a successful first attempt at NaNoWriMo, finally getting to the editing phase of the novel I'd been working on for three years, and already several chapters into a third effort as well. But I think it's more than that. I think my hope that this job could be grown into something more has gone from being just that to a genuine possibility, making me excited about the prospect of hanging around here for the forseeable future and seeing what I can make of it. If that isn't satisfaction, I don't know what is!

(Okay, so I still compulsively check the jobline feeds. But that's just because I have a problem...)

No comments: